Paddle steamer wheel

Arrow Lakes
Historical Society

2001.037.350 The mill in Arrowhead closed down sometime in 1906

: 2001.037.350



: 1900-- - 1906--

: Milton Parent and Ray Street

: 1900s, Arrowhead Lumber Co., forestry, sawmill, and Upper Arrow Lake

: Arrowhead

1 b/w photograph (9.6 cm x 6.8 cm)

View from Upper Arrow Lake of Arrowhead Lumber Co. mill and Arrowhead townsite, before 1906. Notes from Bruce Rohn: 'It didn't close in 1906, but changed hands...Arrowhead Lumber Co. to Lamb-Watson and then became known as Arrow Lakes Lumber Co. After the big fire at Galena Bay (1910-11) which burned a lot of their timber and part of their logging railroad, the mill declined big time. Forest Mills eventually took over what was left.'

Purchase Print


Print Size/Format


Print Size/Format